Sunday, September 13, 2020

Shame On Me!

I missed a day. I've been trying to write something everyday, either for immediate publication or not.

Shame, shame, shame.

Except I'm not really ashamed of myself. I took the day to focus on family, and spend time with the people I care about. One of my favorite activities is thrift store shopping with my lovely wife of 20 years. We make the rounds of the area, visiting our top pick first, Dorcas Ministries Thrift Shop in Cary, NC. This organization does some amazing work helping people to get past tough times in their lives, giving them a hand up to transition to self-sufficiency. Then we hit Habitat for Humanity Restore, usually visiting several of their outlets as each has their own special character.

So you get two articles today. No mea culpa from me right now other than to say I have decided to honestly create a true work/life balance. One of the main reasons I have chosen the self employment path is that I want to be more in control of my time and priorities.

I also got some great advice from my wife, someone with two English degrees, that I need to just write about what I care about. In addition to my insights about marketing and communications, I may throw in some personal tidbits. I am still going to avoid politics, because that nastiness has infected too much of our lives recently. But I may share some of my recent experiences in job hunting; some good, far too many bad, a few truly horrifying.

Take a day once in a while. Eat a cookie. Get some sun on your face. And above all, laugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment